kdm login

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Oct 31 22:42:46 UTC 2007

lanzen wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 October 2007 22:38:12 Derek Broughton wrote:
>
>> I didn't have a "pick from list" theme, under Feisty, but when gutsy
>> wanted to replace the config file, I let it, and now that's what I get,
>> so I have to assume that's the gutsy default.
>
> I'm using the no-userlist theme. Is that what you wish to have back?

No.  Actually, I had my kdm login screen set to pick from a list of users,
with pictures - just like Windows XP! - back in KDE 2.0, and like it that
way.  Some KDE update (going from Corel Linux, to Debian, to Ubuntu) lost
that, and I didn't care enough to try to get it back, but I'm happy to see
it show up on my new Gutsy kdm screen.

> Just in case it doesn't work, you can do as I did while in beta when KDM
> was locked up: as root make a backup and then copy all files from
> "no-userlist" to "pick from list".

Sure, I could have done it just by not letting it copy over my kdmrc file
(or restoring the .dpkg-old version).
--
derek