kde4beta3

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Wed Oct 31 18:28:36 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 31 October 2007 14:18:14 Paul wrote:
> I've run kde 4 following this instructions:
>
> http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde4-beta3.php
>
> I made the steps needed to open a full session, but the only thing I had
> once opened was an empty desktop with a very big horrible flower in the
> middle, a clock, and nothing else.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something... ?
not really, to run applications you need to right-click on the desktop and
select Run Application or runner (can't recall off the top of my head the
exact string) and type in the actual application name (eg. dolphin,
konqueror, kontact, etc...)

If you hover over the big gear in the upper left corner you'll be able to add
some additional 'plasmoids'. Not all of them worked for me. I was able to get
the photo one and the battery one to work. the panel and application launcher
didn't work

I'd be curious to know if kubuntu will be releasing beta4 packages as beta 4
was released yesterday

-- chris