kdm login

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:11:51 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 22:38:12 Derek Broughton wrote:

> I didn't have a "pick from list" theme, under Feisty, but when gutsy wanted
> to replace the config file, I let it, and now that's what I get, so I have
> to assume that's the gutsy default.

I'm using the no-userlist theme. Is that what you wish to have back?

It can be achieved through kcontrol and provided that you install kdm-theme
manager first. Then you do a Alt+F2, type kcontrol and go to (I'm translating
roughly here) the administrator tab and KDM Theme Manger. Get root privileges
and choose your favourite favour there. Note that the preview is wrong for
no-userlist. Go ahead, as it might seem it's not doing its jog, reboot, and
there you have it. At least I had.

Just in case it doesn't work, you can do as I did while in beta when KDM was
locked up: as root make a backup and then copy all files from "no-userlist"
to "pick from list".

--
lanzen