Gutsy - No splash screen

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 23:26:28 UTC 2007

On 10/29/07, Karl <karl.vanwynsberghe at telenet.be> wrote:
> Op Saturday 20 October 2007 20:58:20 schreef Karl Vanwynsberghe:
> > Well Bruce, that's very...  reassuring :)
> >
> > Thx for the info.

> > > Known problem.   We all have it.
>

> Does anyone know if there is already a solution for this?

Try deleting the "vga=xxx" part of your grub boot menu.  You can do
this non-destructively by editing the line at boot time.

1. power the system on.
2. At the grub menu use arrow keys to select the boot line you use,
press 'e' to edit it
3. Press 'e' again (I think) to edit the first line of it
4. Go to the end of the line and delete the part 'vga=971' or whatever it says
5. Enter to finish editing, then 'b' to boot.

If that works for you, edit /boot/grub/menu.lst similarly

Michael