choosing the best filesystem - FYI

Paul paulvarjak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:57:50 UTC 2007

Hello.

I've read some data about filesystem's performance presented by SGI
engineers in a linux simposium and I would like to share it with you
because XFS is not much known by "home" users and it's a very stable
opensource journaled filesystem which has many advantadges.

See the attached JPG for the performance numbers.

If someone wants to get the original information:
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2006/proceedings.php

The JPG i send is from page 177 in volume 1.
Exploring High Bandwidth Filesystems on Large Systems 177

Regards...
Paul.