Virtual Machine Vs Separate Partition

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Fri Oct 26 20:09:18 UTC 2007

On Friday 26 October 2007, Scott wrote:
>         I'm using a Inspiron 1501 laptop which haves a AMD 64 Athlon X2
> running at a total of 1.6Ghz and with 1GB of RAM.

I guess in my opinion, your laptop doesn't have enough horsepower to use a
virtual environment.  Yes you could get it to work, but I don't think you'd
be happy with it.

You didn't mention how much HD space you have available for this but the space
requirements will be pretty much the same no matter what path you choose.

I run XP in a vmware workstation but it is on a  2.8GHZ P4 and it is
reasonable enough in performance....    but for real use, I turn to a similar
machine running XP on the next desk.