Problems with Installation fixed

Phil Pinkerton pcpinkerton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 18:37:33 UTC 2007

On 10/26/07, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> Phil Pinkerton wrote:
>
> > Well good for you. Though it has nothing to do with my laptop ( under
> $700
> > ) and I do need the graphics and I do have it, just not with Unbubntu.
> Not
> > that it matters but I have been using Linux since Slackware 1.0 and am a
> > very dedicated Linux user having installed and tested over 300 distros
> as
> > of this year.
>
> You buy a laptop with known problem hardware, and then you cry that Ubuntu
> isn't working on it.  Tough.  If you're such a dedicated Linux user, you
> should know better.
> --
> derek

Who's Crying I have a solution and it is Linux.

What you obviously don't know is that because I found a solution I can apply
it to Ubuntu and make it better, that's what Linux is about. Narrow minded
folks don't realize Linux is about choice and how it goes about evolving to
be a better product. You need to learn that it is not about you or I it is
about Linux. By making troublesome hardware work on Linux the product is
improved. It is called contribution anyone can criticize, thety rest of us
develop.

<FAIT ACCOMPLI> or <PLONK> which ever one you can assimilate.

--
" The fundamental principle here is that the justification for a physical
concept lies exclusively in its clear an unambiguous relation to the facts