Mail Server

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Wed Oct 24 01:31:08 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 8:43:01 pm Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007, David McGlone wrote:
> > Ok a few months ago, I was about to ask the list some questions about a
> > mail server, but some unexpected things came up that I needed to work out
> > the kinks in. Finally I have accomplished that task. Now I'd like to ask
> > the list about setting up a mail server on my desktop that will fetch
> > mail and send it to my laptop and other computers.
>
> Please define  "send to"
>
> > Does anyone know of any good howto's for kubuntu? And what software would
> > anyone recommend?
>
> The basic pieces you need are  fetchmail, and procmail, and depending on
> the definition of "send to"    postfix.

My bad. I accidentally hit my touchpad with the cursor over the send button
and sent the e-mail prematurely.

Anyway, what I mean by "send to" is that I want the desktop to send all the
mail out to the correct computer. The reason I'd like to do it this way is
because I want to have a mailbox set up on this desktop as well that will be
the same as the laptop and I don't know how I could accomplish this by
fetching the mail, without leaving the mail on the server so.

Does this sound better? Sometimes it's hard to ask a question when you really
don't know exactly what your talking about.

--
David M.