Display manager problem

Stew Schneider stew.schneider at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 23:25:35 BST 2007

That was a really good suggestion. I hadn't tried. As it turns out, no,
I can't. I get the Kubuntu screen with the progress bar, then a
wristwatch cursor icon, then an arrow cursor icon. I then see a square
of white briefly, about 1/2" by 1/2", then black screen. At that point,
ctr-alt-F1 (or Fanything else) does nothing.

Insert a live CD, choose "Boot from HD" and it goes slick as chocolate...

stew