UUID: One More Question...

Karl karlok at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 21 05:40:24 UTC 2007

Yogich7230 wrote:

> Now, the $64,000 question:
> Where is adept FINDING the obsolete UUID(s)??  I need to change it in the file
> adept is looking at, along with any other changed UUID(s) resulting from
> reformatted partitions.

I guess I wasn't very clear.  What I was trying to say is that when a
new kernel is installed, update-grub generates a new menu.lst and gets
its default options from the lines that look like comments in the old
menu.lst.  Among them is the # kopt line, which specifies the root UUID.
  The new menu.lst will contain whatever UUID is specified here, not
what is in the actual kernel lines.

Hope this makes sense.

Karl