Gutsy - No splash screen

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sat Oct 20 19:04:46 UTC 2007

On Saturday 20 October 2007, Doug wrote:
> Works fine for me.   I did I fresh install didn't upgrade.  Would that
> make any difference?

I did a fresh install too....   but I lied...  I do, sometimes, get a splash
screen on some computers I have but not always depending on what my boot
settings are.   So I know it fails sometimes on some computers.

Additionally, the framebuffer stuff is all screwed up and I can get any text
on boot that looks decent...   and using the same settings as I used on
feisty gives me a black screen, no text.