7.04 to 7.10 Now how to move Kontact?

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sat Oct 20 00:46:23 UTC 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007 1:46:29 pm Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 19/10/2007, David McGlone <d.mcglone at att.net> wrote:
> > Address book: /home/[user]/.kde/share/apps/kabc
> > Identities: /home/[user]/.kde/share/config/emailidentities
> > accounts: /home/[user].kde/share/config/kmailrc
> > Layout of kontact: /home[user]/.kde/share/config/kontactrc
>
> Thanks. I'm trying to determine what I need from ~/.kde/share/apps and
> what I need from ~/.kde/share/config. I've managed to decipher most of
> the folders, but if someone could point me to a  manual page that
> describes the following folders, I'd appreciate it:

Most of this is pretty easy to understand by the names of the folder, but all
of the folders in "apps" contain files for those apps and in the "config"
folder is all the config files for those applications in the "apps" folder.
Basically the "apps" and "config" folder speak for themselves. :-)

I know of no other way to explain it. Maybe I do, but just too lazy to because
it looks self explanatory to me :-)