Ati HD 2400

Kristian Kristiansen kristian.kristiansen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 14:15:55 UTC 2007

Dear all

Like many other's I'm experiencing trouble with ATI driver in Kubuntu. The
issue is on-going, I had the problem in 7.04 and now in 7.10.

My laptop, a sumsung x22, comes with

ati radeon hd2400

and when I install kubuntu I can only run with vesa driver and low
resolution.

I have tried the wiki-guide
http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Gutsy_Installation_Guide
both 1st and 2nd method without any luck.

When I try restart X I'm it says: "no devide".

I have attached my xorg.conf after using the second approach. Why do I have
two devices? Should I just #-ment the vesa device?

Hope you guys can help me

Kristian

--
Mathematicians are like theologians: We regard existence as the prime
attribute of what we study. But unlike theologians, we do not always rely

Lawrence C. Evans