Kubuntu 7.10 Released | apt-get dist-upgrade?

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Fri Oct 19 06:55:29 BST 2007

Is it ok to use "apt-get dist-upgrade" to upgrade Feisty to Gutsy?

I try to keep track of all programs that are installed, since I don't
find an easy way to do that using the graphical installer/upgrader, I
usually do all the package management using apt-get and copying the
output to a special file.

I read that using adept manager is the recommended way, but could
someone point to me what I loose if I use apt-get method? (having done
the manual work of changing /apt/cache/sources.list file, which I will
anywy since I have added many external repositories...).

Donatas Glodenis