Kubuntu Gutsy problems

Mark Fraser kubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 11:14:19 UTC 2007

I build a new PC at the weekend and decided to install Gutsy Beta on in. For
the most part I am happy with it apart from a few problems:

1) I have 2 USB mass storage devices that won't mount, the logs seem to say
that it is having problems mounting them. Will post them when I can.

2) I can't play DVD Videos with either Kaffeine or KMPlayer. If I view the
properties of the device, the user and group are set to something above
300000!!

3) If I try to do certain things in Konsole like 'kdesu kate /etc/fstab' I'm
told that I can't access /var/tmp/kdecache-tfraser/ permissions should be 0
instead of 1000.