Removing a home directory

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Oct 14 02:40:08 BST 2007

On Saturday, 13 October 2007 20:55, Hex Star wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Art Alexion <art.alexion at verizon.net> wrote:
>

> So what happens if I remove the home directory, don't recreate it, and just
> log in?
>

> I would login with local root credentials and from there remove and readd
> your account to be safe instead of manually removing your home directory

I went ahead and renamed my home directory and then was able to successfully
log into KDE as myself.  The AD login created a home directory in my name and
everything worked fine -- until I logged out again.

Seems the art that owns the AD login is user 14823 and the art that is a
console login is user 1000.  Possibly, my AD/winbind/pam settings are
creating a different user number for each time I log in.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @