Installed 7.10 Gusty (kill the dolphin)

Jurgen Sidgman jsidgman at
Fri Oct 12 19:16:30 BST 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007 18:58:24 Richard wrote:
> okay, it may be me, but I just can't get used to dolphin aka (flipper) how
> does one have Konqueror open up as the file manager, and not dolphin ?
> * Heard this, that Konqueror in the next update 8.04, is losing some of its
> file manager function in-which dolphin is gaining . ( what with the hugh
> icons) pls..
> Long Live Konqueror.
> Richard

I just read your email and I agree with you. Although Dolphin looks nice I am
so used to the Konqueror features that I changed it back too. Is it possible
when using Dolphin to get the list of directories on the left pane and the
icons on the main pane? Also, can Dolphin divide the screen horizontally?
Sometimes vertical splitting is not useful (overall if you already have the
window divided horizontally)