Stupid root question

Darryl Tidd darryl.tidd at daaokc.com
Fri Oct 12 14:16:04 UTC 2007

Art Alexion wrote:
> On Friday 12 October 2007 09:47, Donn wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have never needed > 1 user on my Kubuntu machine, but today I am trying
>> to set one up. I have created a new user called "M". The question is how do
>> I prevent M from being able to sudo into root by using her password? I am
>> user "D" and I want only my password to allow sudo to work.
>>

> Remove her from the sudoers group.

Since I am the only user on my machine, I made another user with and
entered a password.  I then logged out and back in under the new user.
I was not able to sudo with the new user password or the actual password
that I use for sudo.

Also, I believe if you make the new user name part of the users group,
you shouldn't have a problem.