PC and Network emulator (like VMWare workstation)

Greg Booth bootgr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 12:39:59 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, guido dom <guido.dom at gmail.com> wrote:
> try VIRTUALBOX
>
> 2007/10/12, Alexander Kuprijanov <sanya-spb at list.ru>:
> > Hello
> >
> > Does ubuntu have good PC emulator in repositores?
> >
> > I'm looking for application for testing PC-PC network interaction (BSD -
> BSD
> > or BSD - Linux)
> >
> > In MS I've used VMWare for this. But I don't want install MS only for this
> job
> >
> > Thanks in advance (and sorry for my English ;)
> >
> > PS. I know about VMWare for Linux, but this last variant, if no any solves
> > will be founded.
> > --
> > Homo fidas, feliĉo decidas
> Guido (dompie) Dom
> --
VirtualBox is AWESOME but the networking piece is rough if you want to
do bridged networking.  I've found good howto's ( listed below ) but
still have to set the network up manually every time I boot the
computer. Luckily I rarely reboot so I go weeks ( if not months )
without having to mess with it. The NAT networking solution works like
a charm.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Automatic_Bridge_Ubuntu
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VirtualBox

Greg