SBLive! sound card not working properly

Laurent Asorne laurent.asorne at gmx.lu
Fri Oct 12 07:17:26 UTC 2007

Hi there! Trouble: my SBLive Platinum card isn't working properly (see my
posting to subject  "Rosegarden"). Well, CD's and MP3's sounds are coming out
all right, but there is no way to make it work for MIDI-files and for other
external devices connected either to the mic-jack of the soundcard or the
Linein-jack of the live!drive (front panel)... I've googled around but found
nothing that helped me. I have no onboard sound, just this sound card.
Kubuntu 7.04 running on an x86-machine with AMD K7 Processor (800MHz) and 512
MB Ram.

Does anyone have an idea where i should look for help?
Laurent Asorne
--
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX