DVD not reading Window burned disks.

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Oct 12 01:56:44 UTC 2007

On Thursday 11 October 2007, Knapp wrote:

> No, but thanks for the insight! I was starting to think that this post did
> not make it the list. Could it be from an XP update? Also if that were the
> case would the disk read as blank or just unreadable?

You can usually tell if a disc is really blank by looking at it, and holding
it at an angle to the light.  Burnt areas look slightly different from blank
areas, and the more of the capacity you've used, the more obvious it is to
see.

I've run into situations where the discs really *were* blank.
--
D. Michael McIntyre