realtek 8187 wifi and wpa in 2.6.22 backport

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Thu Oct 11 20:01:12 UTC 2007

Got a Netgear wg111v2, Realtek 8187 chipset. Works in Feisty out of the box.

Now I had to upgrade the kernel, backported the gutsy kernel to feisty, works
alright, now today found to my surprise that the gutsy kernel src does *NOT*
have the backported 8187 module feisty has. (Reasons for this are beyond me.)

So I grabbed the aircrack-ng driver pack and installed their 8187 module,
which works so far, but I can't access WPA, only WEP. knetworkmanger doesn't
even offer WPA.

the wireless tools complained about version, so I backported those from gutsy,
too, along with iwlib29. Still no go. Scans APs alright but I can't go WPA.

Pointers?

--

http://www.stop1984.com
http://www.againsttcpa.com