Need Information on Gutsy

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:09:02 UTC 2007

On 10/10/2007, Eyram Schwinger <eschwinger at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I have been using kubuntu for sometime now and wanted to install it on a
> dell optiplex gx260 but i had a lot of problems with 7.04 but i had a lot of
> problems like the cd not booting and system unusable after install. I want
> to know if anyone has tried the gutsy on dell optiplex or similar systems
> and the outcome

What do you mean by "system unusable"? Is it smoking? Fire?

What graphics card do you have? My Dell Inspiron has the ATI X1400,
which means that a standard install leaves me at a non-GUI console.
The workaround is easy and takes 4 seconds. You should describe in
detail the state of the machine, and any messages, and maybe people on
this list can help you install.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il