Clarification: Network Reconfiguration Question

7230 yogich7230 at sc2000.net
Wed Oct 10 03:34:50 UTC 2007

I have changed the NIC on my Desktop box and, as a result, require
reconfiguration.  I suppose I could delete some config files but would not
know if I had them all.  Problem is, I used the installation engine to set
everything up the first time ...and as a result, do not know which app is
required for reconfig of the NIC.  It is not the same brand NIC, or I would
not be having this problem.

This is what I get when I attempt to bring up the interface(s):
root at kubuntu:/home/yogi# ifconfig eth0 up
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

root at kubuntu:/home/yogi# ifconfig eth1 up
eth1: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

This all used to work, and was utilizing connection sharing.  Now, I'm dead in
the water, and I need some pointers.

T/A...
        ...Yogich
====
Whomever invented the BlackBerry doesn't know about bottom-posting.