Screen Saver

Darryl Tidd darryl.tidd at daaokc.com
Tue Oct 9 19:42:01 UTC 2007

So I was removing a program from my installation of Kubuntu.  I can't
remember right now what program it was, but I typed "sudo apt-get remove
whatever"  Kubuntu started doing it's thing and then asked me if I
wanted to continue.  I answered yes and then realize after Kubuntu was
done doing it's thing that kubuntu-desktop had been removed.  After, my
screen saver will not start.  When time for the screen saver to start
comes, I just get blank screen and the screen is not locked.  However,
when I hit alt+ctrl+l, the screen saver comes on and the screen locks.
So, you may say, just "sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop," which is
what I thought too so I did.  Kubuntu-desktop installed with all
associated programs but the screen saver issue still remains.  No screen
saver starts and no screen lock unless I "alt+ctrl+l."  Any ideas?
Darryl