linksys wrt54g and Verizon DSL using Alvarion IDU

Joseph mangg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 13:44:08 UTC 2007

Hello Larry,David

  David is correct in saying it is most probably looking for the MAC of the workstation.  This is easily remedied by using the MAC address clone feature in the WRT54G.  Remember to restart the modem and then the router and then do renew your local LAN IP with dhclient or KNetworkManager so you get a new LAN IP address.

  Also please note if you have a WRT54G you may be able to replace the firmware with some great open source software.  Check out DD-Wrt and Open-Wrt.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrt54g

Support Sites
http://www.alvarion.com/
http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/link/help/home?linkflag=verizon_dsl