linksys wrt54g and Verizon DSL using Alvarion IDU

larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 9 04:59:50 UTC 2007

Hi folks just moved from South Carolina to California.

This post is way off topic, but could use some serious help.  I used Bellsouth DSL with a Westell Modem in SC hooked into my linksys wrt54g wireless router, now am in a neighborhood with homes all prewired with Verizon DSL using a Alvarion IDU.  Verizon requires authentication with MAC addresses.  I have been able to access internet with a single machine but can not access with my linksys wrt54g router.  I have tried DHCP, DHCP with MAC clone, PPOE, PPOE with MAC clone and several other permutations.  Bout ready to pull my short hair out!  Did a Google search for this equipment configuration and could not come up with any solutions as to why I can not get internet over my wireless router.  Of course Verizon isn't too quick to supply answers either.

Does anyone have pointers?

Larry