[Gutsy] kde-systemsettings

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Sat Oct 6 12:51:24 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I just upgraded one of my machines from to 7.10 using aptitude.  It looks
like everything came over ok.  However, quite a few pieces of
kde-systemsettings do not work.  For example "Monitor & Display" does not
load.  It errors out with the following:

Original exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/displayconfig.py", line 22, in <module>
    import xorgconfig
ImportError: No module named xorgconfig
error: ***failed to import module

    This is not the only module that appears missing.  I have used Adept to
ensure the update was completed.  It did add a few more packages that aptitude
missed but none have fixed this problem.

    Does anyone have a clue as to what steps I can take to get the control
panel functional?