First impressions of dolphin

David McGlone david.mcglone at att.net
Fri Oct 5 18:24:39 UTC 2007

On Friday 05 October 2007 9:08:55 am Greg Booth wrote:
> > Thanks for the notice, I've fixed this now.
> >
> > Jonathan
>
> Since people are ... I won't say reluctant, but apprehensive perhaps..
> about changing from Konqueror to Dolphin is there going to be an easy
> way, or at least some good documentation on what to do if you want to
> switch back to Konqueror ?

What I don't understand about Dolphin is, why have 2 apps that do the same
job? For instance, If I'm surfing the web and I decide to go to my home
directory, I just hit the home button or type it in the URL or use the
sidebar, Why open a whole new window, why even have split view for that
matter.

IMO I think Kopete should be integrated into Kontact 1 app, that pretty much
takes care of all your chat and e-mail needs, complete with notes, addresses,
calendar, etc etc.

Think about the people that use Kontact on a daily basis and chat with clients
etc etc, and they have to switch back and forth from their schedule to their
chat window when setting appointments or such things like that.

Think about when your chatting with a friend in Kopete and they send you and
e-mail, instead of sitting there and waiting for the mail or clicking the
check mail button, you have to open Kontact first.

And if a person doesn't want this functionality or don't use Kontact they can
open Kontact as a stand alone app like it is now.

--
David M.

If I received .01 cent for every person
that has to put in their .02 cents