Strigi Not indexing usb drive

Luís A. C. Silva lacsilva at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:20:30 UTC 2007

2007/10/2, Terence Simpson <stdin at stdin.me.uk>:
> Richard wrote:
> > Strigi in 7.10 will not index my usb drive (yes) I want the whole drive
> > I used: media:/sda1/ ( as the path)
> >
> > its not saving the directory to the list of path to index.
> >
> > Thanks -
> > Richard
> >

> That's not a path (media:/sda1/), that's a URL, set the path to the real
> path. Something like /media/sda1/ (may be different).
>
> Terence

Hi!
I had a similar problem in gutsy and I think it's because the
interface for the configurations in strigi is broken. My solution was
to stop strigi, edit the config file by hand and then restart it.
Anyway, you will have to use paths not url's.

Luís

PS.: By the way, does anyone know the complete syntax for the config file??