kmail bugs ? info

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Oct 1 17:49:02 UTC 2007

Donatas G. wrote:

> Could that be that same bug that I also wrote about in message "Kmail
> refuses to check..."? Should we perhaps file a bug report?

I believe it's different.  In the other case, you can't see any mail at all.
In this, I think you can see what's already shown to you, but you don't see
any new IMAP mail.

I used to hang out on the kdepim-users list (it must be more than a year
since I stopped reading it), and the developers were well aware of the
problem.

Whenever an interface goes down, the io slave accessing the IMAP server
hangs.  So for me, this happens whenever I connect/disconnect a cable or
when I hibernate the laptop.  I was told you could clear it up by deleting
kio_imap4 processes, but I haven't had any success with that.
--
derek