No deflate rar option in konqueror

Anton Rolls anton at wilddsl.net.au
Fri Nov 30 01:38:45 UTC 2007

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> I installed unrar-free via Adept, then
>> symlinked /usr/bin/unrar -> unrar-free
>> I think that's all I had to do, then
>> Konqueror started working.
>>
>> Anton.
>
> Thanks. To _where_ did you symlink /usr/bin/unrar? Not to /home/user,
> as your post implies? I currently have /usr/bin/unrar-free, but my
> problem is that I need it to show up in the context menu in Konqueror,
> as zip and tar do.
>
> Dotan Cohen

To the same directory.
But now I'm not sure that just getting a version of unrar
installed is what will fix your context menu.
I can't quite remember all the things I did to install unrar ability.
Did I have to mess around in Konqueror settings ?
Try to go to Settings / Configure Konqueror... / File Associations /
application / x-rar
Then check that "Ark" is in the Application Preference Order box.
Might shed some light.

Regards,

Anton.