forbid hibernation / sleep for users

balazs at rainstorm.org balazs at rainstorm.org
Wed Nov 28 11:08:14 UTC 2007

Hi!

I've just installed a fresh Kubuntu 7.10 system. I've noticed that users can
hibernate / sleep the system by default from the KDE logout window.
It a desktop computer with minimal server application (e.g ssh, apache etc.)
so in my case hibernation and sleep must be prohibited to users.
I've been looking for a soultion from 2 days on Google, but unfortunately I
didn't find any usable information.
I've already tried to change permissions of related files under /etc/acpi/ to
750, but users can still hibernate the system :(
I've checked /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc as well, but there isn't any possibility to
disable user hibernation.

Do you have any idea?
Thanks in Advance!

Best regards,