Setup woes

Bill Vance kbun at xpresso.seaslug.org
Tue Nov 27 11:01:47 UTC 2007

Ok, I tried, "sudo ls", and got:

  sudo: /etc/sudoers is mode 0740, should be 0440

I've allways steered clear of using the number modes, as I've never seen a
list of which ones are what.  I've noted that none of the /etc files seem to
be editable, "out of the box", but I don't know if that's what the problem
is here;  I.e., If it's the same problem, or part of another.  Anyone got
any clues?

Bill

On Mon Nov 26 03:09:59 2007 Donn wrote:

>> Anyone know where KDE puts it's error messages?
>Sounds like that new "Invisible pixel" (TM) technology is working!
>
>> I tried to use Adept manager from the menu, and got a small window
>with, "Error - KDE su",
>Did you just go K->System->Adept?
>
>> unfortunately, the, "?", help button wasn't helpful about just what the
>> error was.
>No, no. That button is there to *get* you puzzled. See it says "?" :D
>
>Okay, sorry for being useless -- I hope your sudo is not busted somehow. Open
>a konsole and try [sudo ls /] or something, just to make sure sudo is okay.
>
>\d

    RKBA!      *        Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!!       *       4-19!

An _EFFECTIVE_  | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every |  by Colt;  | --Max Planck             | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom  |    Dial    | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! |  1-911-A1  | Word.  --The Holy Bible  | sword. --Jesus Christ

     Constitutional Government is dead!   LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!