configuring dell wireless card on thinkpad T21

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sat Nov 24 02:41:05 UTC 2007

On Friday 23 November 2007 1:30:05 pm Derek Broughton wrote:
> ndemalia armstrong wrote:
> > Derek! i don't think i understand fully well what u intended to say, i
> > don't know if this a guestion or just a comment....LOL, anyway I used
> > the installer to install ndiswrapper and it associates i also have the
> > driver for the card and i do have wine install too, however can't seem to
> > install the driver  for this wireless card any idea on how to install
> > this drive?
>
> I don't see how you can have ndiswrapper installed, have the
> NIC "associate", and still have a problem.  If it associates, the driver
> must be working.

I agree. Ndemalia, could you post the output of lspci for us?

Also post the output of ndiswrapper -l

> Wine isn't involved - you just use ndiswrapper to install the Windows
> drivers (as described in the man page).

I have a hunch he may be using the wrong driver. Or he could be trying to use
the driver that is installed on his windows system through wine.

--
David M.

Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
		-- Mark Twain