Gutsy Gibbon more problems??

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Nov 21 15:00:05 UTC 2007

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> I am still using Kubuntu Edgy, which works fine for me. I noticed the
> questions and problems when Feisty appeared and I have now watched with
> interest the same with Gutsy.
>
> To me it seems that there are more queries and problems being aired
> about Gutsy than there ever were with Feisty. Or is just my imagination?

I think it is :-)  To me it seems there are fewer queries - though my memory
is notorious :-)

> I have installed Feisty on my brother's laptop and so far he seems
> pleased. From what I have read so far on this list I will stay clear of
> Gutsy. Or am I being unfair?

If you aren't adding any new features, imo there's no reason _not_ to
upgrade.  Most of the problems I've seen are related to some of the new
features (like compiz) available for gutsy.  Of course, I finally got my
wife to use Kubuntu when I gave her my older laptop just before gutsy was
released, and I haven't had the nerve to upgrade _hers_ yet :-)  It's all a
matter of how much a disaster might hurt!
--
derek