NFS

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Tue Nov 20 17:07:14 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:NFS
From: Chuck Adams <k7qo at commspeed.net>
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: 11/19/2007 05:18 PM
> showmount -e  host_that_exports
>
> hangs and doesn't return anything.
>

> On Monday 19 November 2007 16:18:14 Paul Lemmons wrote:
> ...snip...
>
>> from the host wanting to mount the NFS share, issue the command:
>>
>> showmount -e host-that-expots
>>
>> It will show you what is exported and how. See if it returns what you
>> think it should.

Interesting, do you happen to have the firewall functions turned on? It
almost sounds like the port is being blocked.

You asked for "Hints" do "Guesses in the dark" count :)

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.