problems with locales

N.F. capagira at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:05:35 UTC 2007

Hi there,

 since updating the tzdata package this morning
 (which failed) I cannot fix the locale vars on my Gutsy.
 as you can see:

 perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
         LANGUAGE = "it_IT",
         LC_ALL = (unset),
         LANG = "it_IT.UTF-8"
 locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
 locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or
 directory
 locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
 Setting up tzdata (2007i-0ubuntu0.7.10) ...
 dpkg: error processing tzdata (--configure):
  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
  tzdata

 Anybody experienced the same problem ?
 Any solution ?

 thanks