problem with locales

N.F. capagira at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:29:06 UTC 2007

Hi there,

since updating the tzdata package this morning
(which failed) I cannot fix the locale vars on my Gutsy.
as you can see:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "it_IT",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "it_IT.UTF-8"
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
Setting up tzdata (2007i-0ubuntu0.7.10) ...
dpkg: error processing tzdata (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
 tzdata

Anybody experienced the same problem ?
Any solution ?

thanks