NFS

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Nov 20 00:41:47 UTC 2007

On Monday 19 November 2007, Chuck Adams wrote:
>showmount -e  host_that_exports
>
>hangs and doesn't return anything.

That's because you missed the point in addition to changing the examples
dashes to underscores.

For example:
[root at coyote linux-2.6.24-rc3]# showmount -e  coyote
Export list for coyote:
/ coyote.coyote.den

which says that the machine called coyote.coyote.den, a purely local name on
my own network, is exporting the whole / tree.  In this case I only used its
alias in the hosts file.

Grok it now?

--
Cheers, Gene