Cannot watch web videos in Mozilla 2.0.0.8

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 06:52:07 UTC 2007

On Nov 18, 2007 1:38 AM, john d. herron <paradox.herron at bluewin.ch> wrote:

>  Jonathan,
>  As you can see from my last message (below), I already have the plugin for
>  FFX Flash 9 r48 (libflashplayer.so) installed.
>  Any other possibilities ? What if I was to remove  a l l  of the plugins
> currently
>  present in /.mozilla/firedox, so as to have a clean slate, then re-download
> and install
>  FFX Flash 9 r48 only?
>  Thanks for helping
>  john

Just a guess, but maybe you don't need _three_ flash plugins to play
flash videos?  Your previous email showed that you have
libgnashplugin.so, libflashplayer.so, and libflash-mozplugin.so.
Maybe they are interfering with each other and you should just choose
one (probably best to go with libflashplayer.so).  You probably don't
need to delete _all_ of the plugins, just the other two that you don't
want.  Do this and see if it works.  If not, delete the
libflashplayer.so and reinstall using Johnathan's suggestions.

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2