WiFi card Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Jared Greenwald greenwaldjared at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 13:33:15 UTC 2007

I have the same card in my Latitude D620 and it works like a champ...

$ sudo lspci -s 0c:00.0 -v
0c:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
Network Connection (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device 1020
        Memory at efdff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [d0] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [e0] Express Legacy Endpoint IRQ 0

I've had the system for about a year and I do remember having issues
when I first set it up, but that was when I still used Gentoo. Also of
note is that on my system there is a switch that enables the wireless
communications (wifi & bluetooth) that is on the left side next to the
headphone jacks.  There are three settings on the switch: off, on and
search.  I think when I first setup the wireless I needed to play
around with the search setting, but since then I just leave it set to
"on".  (I'm not talking about each time I boot it up, but when I first
setup the system.)  I actually did recently reinstall the system due
to a bad disk and it found the gutsy install cd found the wireless and
was able to get updates immediately.

The only thing that was ever really "tricky" about setting up this
system was getting the display to 1440x900 resolution.

Hope that helps.
-Jared