Installing Vmware/WinXP on Kubuntu 7.10

Greg Booth bootgr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 20:43:26 UTC 2007

On 11/7/07, Michael W. Holdeman <lists at ptfd.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 November 2007 02:21:56 pm Tipton, Timothy wrote:
> > > Where is a good howto to install Vmware/WinXP on Kubuntu-7.10 ??
> >
> > Try:
> > http://www.tssci-security.com/archives/2007/10/25/how-to-install-vmware-
> > server-on-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon/
>
> Dont want to stir up trouble but I have switched to virtualbox and am
> generally happier with it, it also contains the ability to create the virt
> machiune unlike vmware-player. Saves a little aggrivation..
> I find it smoother and more stable. I haven't found a couple of features I
> want yet, but they are probably there for the hunting.
>
> Mike

I have to agree, I like VirtualBox better, but the free ( as in beer )
VMWare Server will also allow you to create the virtual machine and
play it, but it does NOT allow you to use the shared folders with the
host that I REALLY like.

VirtualBox just seems to run faster and of course if you compile from
source it's 100% open source.

Greg