Konqueror and javascript

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Thu May 31 05:26:04 UTC 2007

I am redesigning one of my websites and have included a javascript to rotate a
small collection of photos on the main page (index.html).
The actual javascript is contained in a separate file and referenced to by a standard:

<script type="text/javascript" src="bannerad3.js"></script>

in the <head> section of the html file with:

<script type="text/javascript">
// Banner Ad Rotater v3.02
// Author: Anarchos > anarchos3 at hotmail.com > http://anarchos.xs.mw/bannerad.phtml
// Courtesy of SimplytheBest.net - http://simplythebest.net/scripts/
<!--
myAd = new Banner( 4, 140, 140, "Visit our sponsor", 1, 0 );
myAd.Ad( "graphics/cyclePics/hadassah_orphanage.jpg",
"supported_ministries/hadassah_orphanage/index.html", null, "Hadassah Orphanage" );
myAd.Ad( "graphics/cyclePics/nyansakai.jpg",
"supported_ministries/nyansakai/index.html", null, "Nyansakai Light Worship
Sanctuary" );
myAd.Ad( "graphics/cyclePics/tony_palma.jpg",
"supported_ministries/TonyPalma/index.html", null, "Tony Palma" );
myAd.output();
// -->
</script>

in the appropriate part in the <body> section.

It works great in Firefox but Konqueror doesn't load it and complains:
Error: file:///home/nigel/IAM-websites/OliveRoot/OliveRoot_New/index.html:
ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Banner

Is there a known problem with Konqueror and javascript?

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries