Reloading Experience--Wireless

Macario Valle macariov at gmail.com
Wed May 30 02:31:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 21:33 -0400, Larry Hartman wrote:
> I haven't tried it with both my wired and wireless at the same time,
> but
> supposedly it is capable of managing both.

You can indeed have more than one network card working at the same time.
I have two wireless and a wired ethernet card.  I ussually connect with
the wireless cards, both of them, but sometimes i connect only with the
wired ethernet or one one wired and one wifi.  It was king of a little
tricky etting the netgear usb MA111 working but doable.

Here is my /etc/network/interfaces at the moment iwth both wirelss
working, SSID not the real ones.

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
address 127.0.0.1
netmask 255.0.0.0

# The primary network interface
auto ath0
iface ath0 inet dhcp
# wireless-* options are implemented by the wireless-tools package
wireless-mode managed
wireless-essid BarkingDog
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp