Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:58:02 UTC 2007

I have this exact same problem.    The kernel modules install and
seems quite happy, but I never get any sound at all.  I think there is
something strange with the sound support.

I've given up on using my soundblaster live and try to use the on
board chip, but even that only works sometimes.  More than half the
times I boot I get no sound, but sometimes I get plenty of sound.

Strangely, ppracer seems to be able to play sound even when no other
application can.  I discovered that the other night and that really
weirded me out.

Michael