Samba problem

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Mon May 28 05:09:45 UTC 2007

antradienis 22 gegužė 2007, Derek Broughton rašė:
> Donatas G. wrote:
> > By the way, I can see the workgroup by using smb4k package, I can also
> > see the two clients, but strange thing: one of the hostnames is bound to
> > an IP address that is not a lan ip, but that I see in ifconfig output,
> > like this:
> >

> > eth0:avah Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:18:F3:2E:AD:F1
>
> That's the #$%^ avahi-daemon, which I can't manage to turn off.  It's
> especially annoying since that _isn't_ the interface name - it's actually
> eth0:avahi!  If anybody could explain how to get this crap permanently off
> my system without losing network-manager, I'd appreciate it.
> Alternatively, some explanation of why I need it would help, but as far as
> I can tell it serves no useful purpose but to expose parts of my system to
> the LAN (and possibly the Internet) that neither need to be or should be
> exposed.

I have tested my laptop on another network in which smb:/ used to show the
workgroups. It does no longer.

Since smb4k and smbclient do show network groups, I conclude that I have a
problem with smb:/ kio plugin.

Could someone confirm it is not working properly?

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info