clean install of Kubuntu

anthony baldwin anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net
Thu May 24 03:38:32 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen wrote:

>Tim M wrote:
>

>>stupid question but I know with XP a copy of My Documents would get most of
>>what I am working on saved. Would I just copy /home/tim/ to a CD?
>>

>Probably, but of course we can't know for sure where you've been saving
>things.  I recommend that when you reinstall you setup a separate /home
>partition.  See http://users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/p14.htm (but you
>can also do it in the LiveCD)
>
>Matt Flaschen

Would it not be a good idea to consider taking a look at the ./hidden
files in /home
(like /.kde) before deciding to back the entire directory up?
If one wants a clean install, could not some of the config files and
such in those directories
be troublesome, or, at the very least, unnecessary, and thus unduly
cumbersome in the
back-up process?

Just a thought...I´m no expert in such matters...

tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
http://www.photodharma.com