View pictures in e-mail inline?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Tue May 22 20:24:14 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Matthew Flaschen wrote:
>
>> Derek Broughton wrote:
>>> This sort of FUD really amazes me.  It doesn't let spammers know that
>>> I've read a message.
>
> I don't mean to accuse you personally of FUD but you're helping spread it.

Thank you.  Any confusion is not deliberate.

> It's the way that it's presented in the KMail documentation without support
> or explanation.

I don't know about this documentation.

> Even without such directed email, the log analyzer will show the IP of
> anybody opening the link

That's true, but the email address tends to be more valuable.

, but I'd argue that these are _privacy_ issues,
> not _security_ issues.

I consider unintended privacy compromise a security problem.

> and almost all spam gets sent elsewhere by KMail & bogofilter.

That may be true, but even some opt-in mass mailings use this same
mechanism.  I consider that undesirable.  You may not.

Matt Flaschen