View pictures in e-mail inline?

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Mon May 21 21:47:25 UTC 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Jeremy Anderson wrote:
> > Settings > configure kmail > security > allow messages to load external
> >
> > I am pretty sure that is what you are asking.  Let me know if that is
> > not.
>
> As implied by this option's placement, it is a security risk.  It allows
> spammers (among others) to determine whether you have read a message.
>
> Matt Flaschen

Yes, but what he wants is not loading 'external' pictures...   (although he
wasn't specific about that)

I assume he was talking about seeing an emailed picture that someone would
send him and see it inline.   If he needs to download external images, then
he will have to deal with HTML email and he doesn't seem to want to do that.

Just re-read the original post....   he was talking about attached pictures
and the 'inline' suggestion should do that for him.